LARGE PETZL DESCENDER – I’D L SELF-BRAKING DESCENT DEVICE
The I’D L self-braking descender is primarily designed for technical rescue. It has a multi-function handle that allows control of the descent speed, positioning at a work station without the need to tie off the device, and fluid movement along inclined or horizontal terrain. The integrated anti-panic function and anti-error catch limit the risk of an accident due to user error. Its rugged construction makes it particularly suited for hauling and lowering heavy loads.
- Rope Capacity: 11.5 mm to 13 mm
- Weight: 1.17 lbs
- Certification(s): EN 341 classe A, CE EN 12841 type C, ANSI Z359.4, NFPA 1983 General Use, EAC
- Designed for rescue: no gate.
- Multi-function handle allows the user to:
– unlock the rope and control the descent with the hand on the free end of the rope
– move more easily on horizontal or inclined terrain, thanks to the button on the handle
– position himself without having to tie off the device
- Anti-panic function activates if the user pulls too hard on the handle: it brakes and stops the descent automatically
- Anti-error catch to reduce the risk of an accident due to incorrect installation of the device on the rope.
- Pivoting cam facilitates taking up the slack in the rope. Can also be used to make a reversible haul system, and for short ascents (in conjunction with a FOOTAPE or FOOTCORD foot loop and an ASCENSION handled rope clamp).
- Lowers heavy loads up to 600 lbs.